Monday, March 2, 2009
To Cut or Not to Cut-- A big question!
Back in the day, I looked forward to the day that I got to go down to Michigan Avenue, walk into my upscale hair salon. I knew that it would be quiet the experience. Because not only would they greet me with bottled water, hot tea, or soda of my choice, but for those few hours I would feel like a movie star. Someone would come and wash my hair, then the "artist" would cut my hair, then the up and coming "artist" would blow my hair out. By the time I was finished I would walk out the door, down the Mag Mile and then realize...that I had completely blown hundreds of dollars for something that I would sleep on and never look the same. If you really think about it, was it worth it? Tips for three people on top of the completely over priced rates? Some would say yes, and I would still say yes a couple of times a year. But for those quick trim us for those damages ends, I offer a solution. In my new found cheap self I found myself walking down Southport and looked at the Hair Cuttery. I had never really seen it before, but the big sign in the window advertising $15 hair cuts certainly caught my eye. Now, mind you I have had some of the WORST hair cuts from places like these, but now that I know how to tell someone how to cut my hair. And that I am not afraid to say "STOP!" So I thought, why not? I went in, to be surrounded by men and screaming children. My stomach dropped a bit, but the $15 stuck firmly in my head. I sat down with a lady and told her exactly what I wanted. I watched very carefully at head cut made. I mean, I was only getting and inch cut, so I wasn't sure how much damage really could be done. Well, to my surprise I had a wonderful hair cut and a very nice conversation. Therefore, I would highly recommend the Hair Cuttery or places like these for your "trims." Yes, I agree that us girls deserve a fancy treat every once in awhile, but with the hundreds of dollars that I saved....we had date night! I would take that any day over bottled water.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment