Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Pick a Time to Get Dirty

I feel that most of my time during the day is picking up or cleaning up. Then followed by laundry and dishes. So when I even think about messy projects, my first thought is no, followed by NO NO. However, during a recent discussion it was brought up that sometimes you just need to make time to get dirty. And then I thought, okay I will give it a try. Especially since I have taught my child to not get dirty and am now regretting it and have been inspired by my fabulous mom friends. So, now once a day we have a time that we are going to get grubby. Whether it is with sand, play dough, finger paint. I go into the mind set of this is what we are doing and then clean up time. My child LOVES it and it has helped her to get more interested in washing her hands and cleaning up. So try it, you might like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment