Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Lower your phone bill....seriously

For some reason, every month, it seemed that my phone bill had gotten higher and higher.  No matter how much I didn't use it.  It had gotten to the point that we had thought about canceling our home line and just go all cell phone (which is an excellent idea, but our security system is through our land line).  I had called and spoke with many people and AT&T and never seemed to walk away with what I wanted.  Over the weekend my husband was surfing the net and found a wonderful offer on AT&T's homepage.  It allowed us to combine all phones, Internet, and Direct TV.  So, he called.  To his dismay the person on the other line told us that this was for "new customers" only.  His amazing response was, "what about me?"  "I have been a loyal customer for over six years, does that mean anything?"  The lady on the other end paused and said yes it does.  She then transferred him to customer service.  There we were able to lower our bill by over $50 a month.  Now, we did not get the deal that was advertised, but were able to lower our bill by something.  So if you have about an hour to deal with your phone company, I highly recommend you call.  A customer is a customer, and they need us!  Happy dialing.

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking of getting rid of my land line completely...or at least getting rid of voicemail! I never listen to it!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete