Hello all,
In my former work career I was a media buyer for an ad agency here in Chicago. There is where I first came to learn the term "Mommy Maven." During our brain storming sessions for a new client pitch, I found out that that term was exactly who I was as a mom and the mom strive to be. It is a mom that does not just say "okay" because someone told her, but rather researches, asks why, and then makes decisions on her own. She is a women who loves fashion, trends, and is a hard worker. She loves her family and wants to do what is best. I am hoping to help through the things that I find, learn, and through others who share to help us "Mommy Mavens" get a little bit more sanity in our daily routines. Please find a brief write up of the categories that I want to bring to you. I hope you all enjoy!
Oh Mrs. Martha! - One of my favorite people is Martha Stewart. I know that she is incredibly over the top on several things, but that fact that she brings life to the "home maker" and let's people understand that things can be a bit more complicated than a box of Hamburger Helper (not that we do not have that in our home:) ), is okay. Here I will be sharing recipes that have worked and are easy, cleaning tips, and things about our home to help us get better organized.
Frugal-tastic! - I have officially proclaimed myself as cheap. Hopefully not in a bad way, but in a way that makes me say, let's think about the future, not only my child's but my husband and I's retirement. What can we do differently to help make that a better picture. We all know about the economy today, so let's as I also like to refer to myself "Household Engineer" take a hold of our fiances, create a budget, and still have fun.
Do This, No Do that - As I go to play group every week, it has come to be one of my favorite parts of the week. Not only is it a time for me to have "adult" conversations, but a time for all of us to share and learn things that are going on. It never fails that even if all of our children have the exact same thing, not one doctor will tell us the same advice, even if they are from the same office. Which is quite maddening at the least. Here I will share with you advice that we have gotten from our doctors and our own experiences.
Oh! Good Grannies - This is one of my favorite sayings that I got from my college roommate. It applies to so many different situations, and in that moment it can help to make it some what laughable. This will be where I pile all of the random thoughts that I could not seem to find a fit in the different categories.

No comments:
Post a Comment